Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why "The Cracked Baker"?

Well, my friend and partner in crime thought it up and, as it turns out, fits me PERFECTLY!  Have any of you tried cooking anything, even boiling water, with 2 lovable but very energetic boys under your feet (literally)?  Leaves my mental status feeling, well, a little cracked, to put it mildly.  As a side note:  I just finished cleaning up their basement/play room.  I just heard the mother of all crashes as toy bins are being dumped over.

So we're here to show some of my offerings such as Snackeroons which is my take on the French macaron, old fashioned pound cake and biscotti, to start off with.  There will also be musings on baking at home with 2 boys under the age of 5.  I'm sure I will also do a lot of talking about some of the 80ish cookbooks currently on my shelves (and hoping to get more for Xmas.  Santa, are you there?  Santa?  Helloooo?)  I think one of my resolutions for the new year should be to cook 1 new recipe a week from one of those books.  And also 1 from the avalanche of cooking magazines that come to my door (thank you mail man!)

So, hopefully, you'll see more posts here coming up.  Although my friend, Kevin from Kokku Gourmet, is keeping me very busy making tons of Snackeroons.  If any of you are in the greater Chicagoland area, I highly recommend taking in one of his parties.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment