Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Great French Pastry Experiment - Raspberry Tart

Well, it's underway!  I've made the first recipe in the book, Pate a foncer speciale.  Translates into special tart dough.  I have 3 pieces of dough waiting for filling.  The plan was to make a raspberry tart.  It requires tart dough (check), raspberries (check), apricot jam (check) and pastry cream (AAARRRGGHH!)  I just finished making the pastry cream for the 3rd time, keep your fingers crossed, it must work (I've run out of cornstarch)  Undercooked the first time, overcooked the second time, possible undercooked again.  This is the point though, right?  Perhaps by the 6th or 7th time I would have figured it out and I'll be a pro.  Overcooked pastry cream is still yummy, although it doesn't look as pretty.  I ate too much of it yesterday and gave myself a stomachache.  I promise to take a picture of the final result, whenever I get there.  Thank goodness this tart dough can be frozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment