Friday, January 28, 2011

They ate that?!

And that would be Roasted Butternut Chowder with Apples and Bacon, from Mark Bittman's The Food Matters Cookbook, which I will have to purchase.  Yes, the kids ate it!  I think the main reason is because Daddy told them it was bacon soup.  I did put in more bacon than he requested, but bacon is gooood.  And then they ate it as leftovers!  The only bad part was actually cutting the squash.  Next time I may have to try a fine bladed chain saw.  Can you buy squash already cut into chunks?  I may have to find that out.  Here are the basic engredients:  butternut squash, apples, onion, garlic, bacon (and more bacon), wine, chicken stock and some spices.  There's roasting involved then cooking in the pot, then pureeing (also key, my kids don't like unidentifiable chunks and neither does their mom).  Seriously easy.  Two thumbs up. 

Has anyone watched the Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag show on OWN?  They have my dream job!

No comments:

Post a Comment