Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's been a while.....

And I'm back, sort of.  I've had a few distractions the last couple of weeks, and after the weekend you should see me around here a little more.  I am co-chairing a fundraiser this Saturday (Trivia Night at St. Mary's!) and I have a big boo-boo on my finger, making cooking and typing difficult.

On to a tastier subject:  Mardi Gras!  Holy crap!  Fat Tuesday is next week!  In honor of Fat Tuesday, my husband (a New Orleans native) and because it sounds good today, I'm going to make our chicken gumbo and a King Cake next week (minus the baked in baby).  I'll even post the recipes, maybe even ahead of time in case you want to cook along, but don't hold your breath!  The key to the chicken gumbo is to really blacken the chicken and get a dark roux.  We thought we had ruined it last time (If you've been reading previous posts, that would be the losing-5-wooden-spoons-in-a-day incident) but it turned out to be the best!  Although I still haven't replaced the spoons....

No comments:

Post a Comment